Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Godfather of Go-Go


"So, who's Chuck Brown?" I asked earnestly, cuz honestly I'd never heard of him b4.

"WHAT??? U never heard of Chuck Brown?! He's the Godfather of Go Go, fool!"

And so I was schooled last night in D.C. at the 9:30 club. I wasn't there 4 a concert, but I was actually an extra for a commercial they were shooting for the D.C. Lottery. I had never heard of Chuck Brown, but apparently he's HUGE in D.C. and has fans all over the world.

I must confess the man was 2 cool. He was sportin' some green crocodile leather shoes and a gold tooth and pimp hat, he just needed the cane. I LOVED IT! He had an amazing band and during a break in the filming of the commercial he busted out on his guitar with a gorgeous rendition of that famous song from "The Godfather".

I can't wait to learn how to play the guitar. Yes, I've been saying that shit for years, but I'm finally getting around to doing all the things I've been saying I was gonna do. Plus, it's not like I've never played before. I played this character in a play once who was a guitar virtuso, so I HAD to learn a few songs.

I hope in 40 years people will still be listening to my music and chanting to me on stage and screaming my name ... oh, wait a minute ... they don't do that now! LOL. Not yet anyway. But that is definitely something 2 strive for. 40 years running and the man is still doing his thang! Much much respect!

Oh, and did I mention Shucka Wucka??? She was TRULY Chuck's biggest fan last night. I hope I have a fan one day that's wild 4 me like that ... only hopefully she'll have all her teeth.

"Wind me up, Chuck!" - and so the crowd roared.

Check out Saturn on I-Tunes!
Get Saturn's CDs at CDBaby!
Check out Saturn on MySpace!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home